Re: Hurd advocacy?

> Farid> Sorry, I don't agree here. BSD-style licenses grant users _and_
> Farid> developers alike freedom to use the source as they see fit. This
> Farid> qualifies BSD-licensed software as "free software", but not as
> Farid> "Free Software". The latter term has the precise meaning of:
> Farid> "[L]GPLed software".

Hubert Chan> See http://www.fsf.org/licenses/license-list.html
Hubert Chan> The modified BSD license is listed as a GPL-compatible,
Hubert Chan> free license, and the original BSD license is listed
Hubert Chan> as GPL-incompatible, free.
Hubert Chan> Either way, it's free software.

Ah, thank you. I was not aware of this. Free and copylefted are
therefore being seen by the FSF as orthogonal concepts.

Robert: you were right all along.

--
Farid Hajji. http://www.farid-hajji.net/address.html