Re: Debian Hurd package

Hi,

we have always actively encouraged other people to help with this.  Whenever
someone asked me about making a new version of the Hurd package (last person
to ask was Jeff), I said "Pleeeaaase!" with three pieces of sugar on it.

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 06:02:02PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> In order to ensure the Hurd is properly maintained within Debian, I'm going to
> NMU the Debian Hurd package. I intend to do the following:
>
>  - CVS update.
>  - change Maintainer to "debian-hurd@lists.debian.org".
>  - add myself to Uploaders.

Ok for me.

>  - re-write debian/rules for easier maintainability (using CDBS).

That's bullshit, but up to you, if you are committing to it.  I guess Jeff
will be happy about it, and I stopped caring.  I doubt anybody else (who
counts) will have an opinion.

> I'll wait a week or so to see if some of you is planning to fix these problems
> already, or has any comments.

No reason to wait.  Just do it.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/