Re: Debian Hurd package

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 07:09:45PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have always actively encouraged other people to help with this.  Whenever
> someone asked me about making a new version of the Hurd package (last person
> to ask was Jeff), I said "Pleeeaaase!" with three pieces of sugar on it.

I enjoy doing this stuff, no need for the sugar. :)

> >  - re-write debian/rules for easier maintainability (using CDBS).
>
> That's bullshit, but up to you, if you are committing to it.  I guess Jeff
> will be happy about it, and I stopped caring.  I doubt anybody else (who
> counts) will have an opinion.

Ok.

> > I'll wait a week or so to see if some of you is planning to fix these problems
> > already, or has any comments.
>
> No reason to wait.  Just do it.

All right, will start today.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)