compiler/linker isssues

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 10:59:50AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> gtkgl2: bug #186760

> Marcus, i'm unable to debug this. please could you have it a look and
> try to find out the problem?
>
> I recommend gtkgl2 as a good test case, it's IMO the simplest one.

I would also like to have another look at gcrypt, so far I have no
information about the failure.  Is it undefined references at link time?

I can probably help you, but not by doing the actual debugging myself.
Instead, I want to ask you to provide more information first.

In a failing example, it would be nice to have the following:

A complete build log.  If possible, the whole build three somewhere, that
allows me to look at the actual object files.  Then you need to repeat the
gcc/link command that fails with -v, so we see the whole command.  The
version of gcc/g++/... (which Debian package) you are using is also important.

If you want to do some crunching on your own, I recommend to built the same
package in GNU/Linux and diff the results (it's not easy to diff object
files, adn that would be dependend on the compiler version, but arguments
etc should be near identical).

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/