RE:

> Read it.  Started to dive into rpctrace code and got lost fairly quickly.
> Was going to try to start on fat translator issues but have seen that
> someone else has been working on them already.

What is your problem with rpctrace? And the fatfs translator isn't ready yet.
You can help me a lot by fatfs hacking by just testing it and reporting bugs.
Fatfs should work now (readonly), although I cannot prommise it won't kill your
filesystem.

Feel free to contact me by mail or via IRC if you have some problems with
fatfs :)

Thanks,
Marco