RE:

I won't deny that but sometimes it's hard to know where to start!

> Free Software can be given away in abundance because it uses up no
> resources to do so.  A hackers time is the only limiting factor.
> Asking a hacker to give up this most valuable resource is a bit
> unrealistic.  What have you (two) offered in return?

My time.  I have offered to do grunt labor, documentation, you name it.  I
have written a man page for printtool for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution.
I would love to do more documentation but I am a little insecure of my own
abilities at the moment to be able to feel I can guide others in the ways of
the force!! ;-)

> Read the code, read Wolfgangs Hurd Hacking Guide (and do the
> examples), profile and optimise something (anything, a shell util).

Read it.  Started to dive into rpctrace code and got lost fairly quickly.
Was going to try to start on fat translator issues but have seen that
someone else has been working on them already.

> Some newbies in india took the JFS code from Linux and managed to
> create a read-only JFS Hurd server.  Remember, you don't have to
> reboot while Hurd hacking.
>
> All this assumes you know fully how the Hurd & GNU Mach work.  If you
> don't then read the docs, experiment, figure it out, and then write
> your own docs so that others can benefit from your work and
> experience.

Working on this at the moment.

> (I can help you: help yourself!)
>
> If you want Free Software, or just the Hurd, to succeed then you need
> to make a commitment and do some work, it won't die without you but it
> would be great to have you on board :)
>
> Ciaran O'Riordan

Just some follow-up, thanks for the responses!! :-)

Barry deFreese
Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell