Re: Debootstrap on GNU/Hurd Status

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:08:11PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> I forward-ported marcus' patch from #43575 to sysvinit-2.85, making sysvinit
> build on hurd-i386. Because of the package split I just cared about sysvinit
> proper, making the patch a lot smaller. The only additional thing is in
> hddown.c which apparently was not yet created by the time of marcus' patch.

You don't write if you actually tested the patch.  I remember reports that
my patch was buggy, and switching runlevels didn't work at all.  This was a
while after I made the patch, so it might be that some changes in the system
since the patch was done caused other things to break.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/