Re: Debootstrap on GNU/Hurd Status

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 05:31:12PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> I talked to the base-passwd maintainer on irc about this some days ago.
> (Please excuse my obvious lack of clue about the Hurd's login procedure)

The login user is not needed for its uid.  But it is needed for its home
directory.  In fact, it's uid could very well be -1 (that's what it used to
be originally, in Debian GNU/Hurd it was not possible to set it up that way
with the existing scripts).

I don't really care how the login user ends up in /etc/passwd.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/