Re: Xfree86 4.2

Hi everyone,

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:37:07AM +0100, Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 10:06:44PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > I need X 4.2 as a build-dependency for porting; we have 4.1 in alpha atm.
> > before going for 4.2 i have a pair of questions:
> > - has anyone tried at 4.2? any build problem?
> I almost finished building Xfree 4.2 yesterday. Sadly
> I ran out of space on the partition,

I've now tried building X for at least twenty times and each time
I failed. The first 1GB partition got full pretty fast, trying
building over nfs the translator dies repeatedly (probably because
of some timing issue I've seen mentioned here before). Using a 2GB
partition almost worked but then I hit the ceiling when ext2fs
eventually froze at ~1.6GB ...

... How did you build X the last time? I've tried cross-building
it but that fails very early building ccimake and imake binaries.
Is there, to your knowledge, any way to build only parts of the
tree? (This might be a case of RTFM, but so be it.)

Btw, this ext2fs issue is really starting to bug the hell out of me.
Sorry for the foul language, but if someone isn't working on this
right now I might just start looking into this myself. How hard can
it be to add that hash Neal talked about?

Regards
 /a very frustrated Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson  :: <joachim AT vmlinux DOT org>
+46-(0)21-123348 :: <http://joachim.vmlinux.org>