Re: [BUG] ext2 fs corruption

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@samba-tng.org> writes:

> hiya been talking to alfred he recommended i write about an
> ext2 corruption bug i've encountered.
>
> i downloaded a jan 7th gnu-latest.tar.gz and when using
> it i find that installing packages (i copied all of them
> off of alpha.gnu.org :) i get ext2 filesystem corruption.
>
> files get created that cannot be viewed.
>
> directories cannot be created.
>
> files get cross-linked.

[...]

Same for me. It is more or less reproducible, happens (almost) each
time I upgrade or install large packages like e.g. tetex-doc or
tetex-extra. Most of the times /var/lib/dpkg/available is corrupted
after that and has to be re-created.

Fortunately e2fsck from Debian GNU/Linux has been able to fix most
errors. This has been happening over and over again since the upgrade
to hurd and libc 0.3, I believe.

Is there anything one can do to help debugging this?

Thanks,

Johannes

--
~/.signature under construction