Re: old GNU tarball

On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 08:45:30PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2003 at 07:56:50PM +0100, Joachim Nilsson wrote:
> > [..]
> There is no inherent problem in adding the extra configure lines for
> dpkg, except that it causes additional maintenance work in the future,
> which is something I want to keep as low as possible.

The extra configure lines where not necessary.

> > I'll revert the changes and drop another note here when I'm done.

Reverted and updated files have been uploaded to the previously
mentioned ftp.

> I have incorporated what I liked into my latest version already, so
> I only need a note on the extra dpkg commands.

Ah, good. Then you will be glad to know that the following lines can
be safely removed:

dpkg --configure libdb3               <--- Yep, that one too.
dpkg --configure libncurses5
dpkg --configure libncursesw5
dpkg --configure libpam-runtime
dpkg --configure libpam0g

Btw, how about adding 2>/dev/null to the configure line of dpkg?

dpkg --force-depends --configure dpkg 2>/dev/null

It always complains about depending on both dselect and hurd and
I don't think we (or the installer) need to care about that since
those dependencies are satisfied a few steps down the line.

Regards
 /Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson  :: <joachim AT vmlinux DOT org>
+46-(0)21-123348 :: <http://joachim.vmlinux.org>