Re: old GNU tarball

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:36:41PM +0100, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>    It's easy for me to move it out of the way if you think it's more
>    harm than good.
>
> Last time I checked the tarball worked fine, if you formated with an
> older version of mke2fs.

I read that post.  However, here it's important what users will experience, not
what is technically possible.

> I can whip up an updated version if someone
> can upload it to alpha.

Well, I am certainly not going to put a 14 mb compressed binary tar file
into contrib/marcus that I didn't procude myself.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/