Re: old GNU tarball

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 02:45:49PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 11:48:02PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> > please could someone (Marcus?) upload an updated version?
>
> I would appreciate it if someone else would start to pick up that ball.
>
> In particular I would be happy to see the official Debian install process
> being ported, or at least debootstrap.  The alpha tar file was never meant
> to last as long as it did (_five_ years now).

don't tell me. i ported debootstrap ages ago, and won't try again. i think
it will be hard untill AJ is willing to cooperate.

besides that, there's a broken tarball in alpha, which has two serious
installation problems. we really need to get a new one there.

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

		Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)