Re: perl, gcc

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 02:10:08PM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 08:27:37PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
>
> > I think it'd be interesting if we could keep gcc-defaults in sync with
> > Debian GNU/Linux (as it is atm). This way we don't have to spend
> > porting efforts into GCC-related problems and dedicate to POSIX/GNU
> > problems exclussively.
>
> I don't have email links handy, but if you go through IRC logs and email
> logs around the time of the transition, you'll find the details.
> Basically, there was some weird changes with gcc-3 and glibc that meant
> either we needed to get a bunch of compatabilty cruft, or we could just
> drop support for the older version.  We chose to drop support for the
> older version.

So that means it won't happen again? Nice to hear then..

--
Robert Millan

"Omnis enim res, quad dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."

"For if a thing is not diminished by being shared with others, it is
not rightly owned if it is only owned and not shared."

		Aurelius Augustinus (354-430)