Re: libexec in glibc

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 02:51:25PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> writes:
>
> > I didn't really follow the earlier discussions on this - Can you
> > remind me what mailing list it was on?  The idea of libexec being in a
> > Hurd annex seems silly (and something a committee would be unlikely to
> > accept if we were storing anything other than Hurd-specific binaries
> > in there), so I'd like to understand more.
>
> Since it has nothing to do with Debian, it was discussed on bug-hurd.

  The discussion forked from a thread about LD_LIBRARY_PATH on
help-hurd.  The discussion about the FHS started around

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-hurd/2002-March/005437.html

  I was merging people's comments into a draft, the latest
version of which is available at:

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/help-hurd/2002-May/005960.html

  I didn't want to submit this to the FHS discussion list unless there
was agreement about the content; also it needs need to be typeset in
groff :(

--
Richard Kreuter