Re: libexec in glibc

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:47:22AM -0700, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> Debian's glibc package currently defines $(prefix)/libexec to
> $(prefix)/lib everywhere except on hurd-i386.  I would like to correct
> this so that we're the same as other arch's.  (There should be no
> libexec dirs on Debian, so comply with the FHS).
>
> Any objections?

	I object.  The FHS is very GNU/Linux specific.  GNU/Linux has
not used /libexec contrary to FreeBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD; which have
followed GNU's precident.  I say we ought to stick with /libexec until
we decided to get close to release.  With any luck, by that time, the
FHS will have been revised to include /libexec, /servers, etc.

Simon