Re: H3 first reboot after install failed

* Daniel Burrows writes:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 05:22:09PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers
> <jeroen@dekkers.cx> was heard to say:
>> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 08:27:26AM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote: >
>> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:16:12PM +0100, Robert Millan
>> <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> was heard to say: > > Please consider
>> migrating to the free alternatives, Plex86 is > > still being
>> adapted to the Hurd but Bochs is known to > > run GNU/Hurd without
>> problem.
>> >
>> > OTOH, Bochs and Plex86 don't support network cards yet (although
>> I > hear that bochs will soon), which makes installation a bit of a
>> > nuisance.
>>
>> You can just install things in the disk image. Also bochs and
>> plex86 give you the freedom to add everything you like, network
>> cards and more.

>   And how do you get things into the disk image?  Last I checked,
> this required either complex hackery to mount it as a block device,
> or burning a CD-ROM of the data.
If you would have read the mailing list archives (this applies to everyone)
then you would have know that I and including someone else (forgot the name
of that person) have posted a small guide [1] on the subject, and there is
no "complex hackery" involved.  As all recent distributions of GNU/Linux
can mount loop back devices.

[1] ftp://ftp.walfield.org:/pub/people/ams/hurd/creating_bochs_image_for_gnu.txt
--
Alfred M. Szmidt