Re: H3 first reboot after install failed

El dg, 17 mar 2002 12:46:54 Diego Roversi ha escrit:

I don't think that is a vmware problem, because I can boot a "nativaly"
installed hurd from vmware without problems. But I got the same problem
when
some month ago, I've tried to copy my Hurd partition on a new hd.
Probably
something goes wrong during the installation...

Vmware is by nature an unreliable platform, where Hurd developers
can't debug properly to ensure the GNU/Hurd system will work
fine on it. One can't even garantee that it doesn't contain
spyware or some kind of trojan code.

Please consider migrating to the free alternatives, Plex86 is
still being adapted to the Hurd but Bochs is known to
run GNU/Hurd without problem.

Also Bochs is more full-featured and offers better performance.
Bochs packages are in queue to enter Sid atm. There's also
http://getyouriso.dyndns.org/packages/ if you can't wait.

Cheers,

Robert Millan          Debian GNU/* user
zeratul2 wanadoo es    http://getyouriso.dyndns.org/