Re: H3 first reboot after install failed

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 05:22:09PM +0100, Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> was heard to say:
> On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 08:27:26AM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:16:12PM +0100, Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> was heard to say:
> > > Please consider migrating to the free alternatives, Plex86 is
> > > still being adapted to the Hurd but Bochs is known to
> > > run GNU/Hurd without problem.
> >
> >   OTOH, Bochs and Plex86 don't support network cards yet (although I
> > hear that bochs will soon), which makes installation a bit of a
> > nuisance.
>
> You can just install things in the disk image. Also bochs and plex86
> give you the freedom to add everything you like, network cards and
> more.

  And how do you get things into the disk image?  Last I checked, this
required either complex hackery to mount it as a block device, or
burning a CD-ROM of the data.

  I should point out that I don't use VMWare either -- maybe if I had
enough of a need for this I'd have time to spare to "add everything I
like", but as it is I'm just waiting for the next bochs release (traffic
on the mailing list indicates that an ethernet device exists in CVS)

  Daniel

|              Will the last person to leave the Universe please              |
|              turn off the lights and close the door?                        |
\-Evil Overlord, Inc: planning your future today. http://www.eviloverlord.com-/