Re: H3 first reboot after install failed

On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 06:34:58PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> El dt, 05 mar 2002 18:03:41 Jeroen Dekkers ha escrit:
> >On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:45:04PM +0100, Martin Man wrote:
> >> yep and the system info, VMWare 3.0 workstation with IDE virtual disk
> >
> >We don't and will never support proprietary software. I haven't heard
> >of anybody having problems native or using free
> >emulating/visualization software, so this is probably just a bug in
> >vmware. There is no way for us to debug to be sure, so we don't care
> >either.
>
> There you go :)
>
> Martin, have a look at plex86 or bochs. Both are packaged for Debian
> now (although bochs is still in the queue/new) and both should
> serve you to run GNU.

Last time I tried GNU didn't work inside plex86. I don't know if this
has changed, it's some time ago. At least there is a change needed
for mach. I've just submitted the patch to the plex86 patch tracker at
savannah. I've not really well tested it and GNU still didn't work. If
anybody tries be sure to tell the mailinglist and/or me if it did or
didn't work. The patch ID is 178, for the lazy people the URL is
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/download.php?id=178

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org