Re: oskit-mach: gdb_break_stub() confusion

Neal H Walfield <neal@cs.uml.edu> writes:

>         neal@bassanio:~ (1)$ sudo cp -R /dev/null .
>         Password:
>         neal@bassanio:~ (0)$ ls -l null
>         crw-r--r--    1 root     root       1,   3 Mar  3 21:14 null
>         neal@bassanio:~ (0)$

Hmm, it's not obvious to me why cp -R does this. cp -a should do it,
however, and relevant cp --help output is

  -a, --archive                same as -dpR
  -d, --no-dereference         preserve links
  -p, --preserve               preserve file attributes if possible
  -R, --recursive              copy directories recursively

Perhaps the right way is to add another cp option for copying passive
translator settings, and have -a imply that option?

I think cp -a is pretty useful, at least on systems where cp is aware
of all filesystem features.

/Niels