Re: oskit-mach: gdb_break_stub() confusion

> > > cp should not copy passive translator settings.
> >
> > Why not?  And what is the right way to copy them?
>
> Because cp is supposed to copy the data of the file; it should read
> the data.
>
> For example, on Linux, if you do
> mknod /dev/foo ...
> cp /dev/foo /tmp/bar
>
> then /tmp/bar is *not* a special file, it's the *contents* of what you
> get when you read /dev/foo.

But, you *can* get this behavior.  For instance, on GNU/Linux, try:

        neal@bassanio:~ (1)$ sudo cp -R /dev/null .
        Password:
        neal@bassanio:~ (0)$ ls -l null
        crw-r--r--    1 root     root       1,   3 Mar  3 21:14 null
        neal@bassanio:~ (0)$

So my question still stands: what is the right way to copy a passive
translator.