Re: cp'ing passive translators

> > > Oh, cp -R is different.  I'm of two minds about what the Right Thing
> > > is for the cp -R case.
> > >
> > > The way to copy it, of course, is to fetch the translator entry and
> > > set it on the copy.
> >
> > I am not clear what you mean here.
>
> Open the node with O_NOTRANS.
> Fetch the translator spec with file_get_translator.
> Cope the contents of the node to the new file.
> Set the translator spen on the new file with file_set_translator.

Sure, that is obvious.  I suggested in my original email that this
functionality should be added to cp:

        cp does not (yet) copy the Hurd attributes (e.g. the passive
        translator settings).

You said that this should not be made a part of cp.  My questions are:

1) What should `cp -R' do -- you are of two minds and did not explain
   yourself?

2) Instead of using cp, what utility should be written / modified to
   copy passive translator settings?