Re: How to mount a VFAT partition under Hurd

On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 04:45:03PM +0530, Praveen Kumar wrote:
> debianabbestia@inwind.it said:
> > Hi all,
> > I need to mount a FAT32 formatted partition, so that the GNU/Linux
> > kernel module is vfat. What under GNU/Hurd?
>
> There's as such no concept of modules in Hurd. All are translators.
> There's is an ext2fs translator which supports your ext2 file system.
> There's no FAT32 translator yet and we'll be happy if we come up with
> that.

Marco Gerards worked on this recently, and in read-only mode it should work
quite well.  However, writing is not supported yet.  Ask him for his latest
version marco@linuxrulez.nl

> > Besides is it possible to mount an iso file using -o loop option?
> > I mean as under GNU/Linux:
> > mount -o loop foo.iso /<mount_point>
>
> Upto me, I think there's no support for loop devices.

Quite the opposite. ;)

We do have losetup, but you don't really need it.  Just do the following:

settrans -a /<mount_point> /hurd/iso9660fs foo.iso

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/