Re: How to mount a VFAT partition under Hurd

debianabbestia@inwind.it said:
> Hi all,
> I need to mount a FAT32 formatted partition, so that the GNU/Linux
> kernel module is vfat. What under GNU/Hurd?

There's as such no concept of modules in Hurd. All are translators.
There's is an ext2fs translator which supports your ext2 file system.
There's no FAT32 translator yet and we'll be happy if we come up with
that.
> Besides is it possible to mount an iso file using -o loop option?
> I mean as under GNU/Linux:
> mount -o loop foo.iso /<mount_point>

Upto me, I think there's no support for loop devices.

> Thnx in advance
>
> SteX
> Unix IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends
> are.

| Praveen Ravi Kumar,                  |    .''`.     |
| Final Year B.Tech Electronics,       |   : :'  :    |
| Madras Institute of Technology,      |   `. `'`     |
| Chennai, India, 600044.              |     `-       |
| E-mail: praveen@symonds.net          | The Swirl Of |
| Web: http://www.symonds.net/~praveen |   Freedom    |