Re: updates to debian and gnu archives

Hi.
I don't have all the answers so hopefully a more Hurd-educated
person can give more info but here's my cent:

gcc-i386-gnu

also, does hurd-i386 have an autobuilder?

I think Jeff Bailey (?) has an autobuiler running (called turtle?)

can the packages just be built on a linux i386 machine?

They can be compiled natively on a GNU/Hurd system or
cross-compiled on an GNU/Linux system.  There is a debian
package 'gcc-i386-gnu' which is configured as a hurd-i386
cross-compiler (I read the package description, I haven't
tried it).  It's in unstable, testing and stable.