Re: Which packages should I use?

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 10:16:11AM +0200, Niklas Höglund wrote:

> > 	I like talking about GNU when I talk about GNU operating
> > systems.  This way, there is no need to differentiate.  However, if you
> > are referring specifically to the GNU system on the Linux kernel, then
> > GNU/Linux is not that difficult to say.  It is as easy to say as
> > Microsoft Word, and even one syllable shorter than Microsoft Windows.
> Noone says "Microsoft Windows" or "Microsoft Word", except in official texts
> and such.  Windows and Word are the terms used  --  one word terms.

GNU is shorter, anyway. when you're referring to a variant it's normal
to use a longer name. if someone made a variant of windoze they wouldn't
call it windoze but Bob's Windoze or something weird like that.

Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992