Re: vmware and hurd problem.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 11:45:54PM +0100, Gonçalo Gomes wrote:
> I will try bochs.; as a side note, i couldn't figure which version of Debian
> GNU/Hurd i am
> trying to run, as there's no information during boot (unless i haven't seen
> it) and the iso image
> was named hurd.iso.gz. if this still doesn't work even on bochs, i'll look
> for the latest version and try my
> luck with both virtual machine emulators.

You can identify libio-based systems by checking for the libc0.3 package
(dpkg -s libc0.3).

As said before, Bochs is much slower than Vmware, and installing Debian
GNU/Hurd in Bochs could take you several days. I suggest that you take
a pre-installed image from:

It boots and is operative, but there are some problems as described in the
PROBLEMS file. If you can fix any of these, please feedback.

btw, there's a Debian package of Bochs if you happen to use Debian GNU/Linuxa

Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992