Re: vmware and hurd problem.

Hi Gonçalo,

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 11:47:59PM +0100, Gonçalo Gomes wrote:
> List,
>
> Today i fetched debian/hurd ISO Image, I'm not sure where i got it from, as
> i downloaded the first image

That'd be "Debian GNU/Hurd"

> i found from a google search and unfortunatelly it was an italian version
> (which isn't my native language,

the image should be okay as long as it's libio based. do you know the set
version? It should be H0 or higher.

> but that wasn't the problem at all). I installed it inside vmware 3.1.1
> (build 1790), and everything went ok,
> the problem is that when hurd is booting it blocks when the following
> message is shown:

We've been reported problems with vmware many times. I'm afraid Vmware
is not free software and is not supported. If you want to use the
GNU system inside a sandbox, I suggest you use Bochs (see bochs.sf.net)
which is free supported software and works much better than Vmware.

Anyway, the best would be to get a real box for some usable speed.

cheers,

--
Robert Millan

"5 years from now everyone will be running
free GNU on their 200 MIPS, 64M SPARCstation-5"

              Andrew S. Tanenbaum, 30 Jan 1992