Re: apt-get error

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 02:01:23PM +0200, Niels Möller wrote:
> > On the Hurd, buying the farm means that some essential server, like
> > exec or proc, have died and that there's basically no hope to recover
> > except by rebooting the machine.
>
> Actually, no.  It means that a protocol violation happened.  It is our cop
> out error value if we have nothing useful to say instead.

Actually, no.  EGRATUITOUS is for protocol violations.  EIEIO is supposed
to be used only in situations where things seem to indicate an essential
server died (proc, auth).  Of course, any buggy program could have nuked
its send rights so that it perceives the same errors as it would if the
servers had died, even though they haven't.