Re: apt-get error

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 02:01:23PM +0200, Niels Möller wrote:
> On the Hurd, buying the farm means that some essential server, like
> exec or proc, have died and that there's basically no hope to recover
> except by rebooting the machine.

Actually, no.  It means that a protocol violation happened.  It is our cop
out error value if we have nothing useful to say instead.

If a translator dies, you get "Translator died".  If a critical translator
bites the dust, init should notice and shutdown the system and reboot.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/