Re: Intallation problems

--- Bas Wijnen <shevek@fmf.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While installing the GNU/hurd, following Neil's great manual, I
> encountered some problems.  I solved them, but they should be fixed
> anyway, I think :-)
>
> First of all, mke2fs used a block size of 1024 on my fairly small disk.
> This caused many hangups and I couldn't find out why.  From
> irc://opennet/#hurd I found that this is a known bug in the filesystem
> driver.  So I guess this is being worked on.  In the meantime, I suggest
> that it is mentioned in Neil's manual.

 I think Neal fixed this.

> Second, native-install crashed i on the second pass with the error:
>
> The last step is to create /etc/fstab
> ./native-install: line 191: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
> ./native-install: line 207: syntax error: unexpected end of file
>
> I solved this by changing line 162 in the file.
> It started with:
>
> rootpart=fsysopts / | perl
>
> while it should start with:
>
> rootpart=`fsysopts / | perl

 Do you mean rootpart=`fsysopts / | perl` ?

> I shall now see if the rest of the installation and using the hurd works.
> If it doesn't, I'll probably send a message to this list.
>
> Bye,
> Bas Wijnen

 It looks like things have worked so far ;)
Where is the source for native-install?

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU