Re: base tarball mirrors, alpha.gnu.org down

--- Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> wrote:
> Hi Glenn!
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 10:52:06AM +1000, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > Im keen to reinstall my Hurd partition, however alpha.gnu.org seems to
> > have been down for the last day so i can download the base tarball.
> >
> > Is the base tarball mirrored anywere ?
> There are the CDs too, you can get a base GNU tarball from there:
> http://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-cd
> (using ftpfs and isofs you could save fetching the whole CD,
> but this takes an installed GNU system already ;))
> Don't use any set older than J0 or you'll get an non-upgradable system.
> cheers,
> --
> Robert Millan

 The H4 cd's are libio so they are ok to install from.  But the H4 cd's are
newer than J0 anyway ;)

James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU

Do You Yahoo!?