Re: Kernel video driver (was: Boot problem @ /hurd/ext2fs.static)

Daniel Borgmann <daniel@liebesgedichte.net> wrote:
> That sounds like a good plan.

It is our plan, so obviously it must be good. ;-)

> I mean, should the translator just be something like a "pipe" to
> the video memory or should it already provide drawing functions? Should
> it allow access from every application?

I don't think it should be a pipe.  It should make it possible for
applications to map the video buffer into their own memory.  In addition
to that, it could provide a nice RPC drawing interface.

As to who should be able to access it, well, don't we have the file
permission bits for that?

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--