Re: debootstrap review

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 02:50:05PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:

> However, the lack of libgcc1 in the official archive breaks
> configuration of libgcc1 dependant packages. Does anyone know why is
> libgcc1 in alpha.gnu.org instead?

Gcc can't be compiled without changes because of a bug in glibc.
Essentially, the existance of a declaration for sys_errlist[] causes
strerror.c to be miscompiled in libiberty.

There are two right fixes:

1) strerror.c in libiberty should be only called on the absense of
strerror.  The logic is currently b0rked.

2) Glibc shouldn't declare symbols that are never defined.

Both of these need to be done.  I've been a little short on time.  If
you fix (1), send the patch to me and I will forward it on to DJ
Delorie.  Otherwise, I'll get to it eventually.

Tks,
Jeff Bailey

--
 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.