Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, May 19, 2002 at 12:40:54PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Jeroen Dekkers <jeroen@dekkers.cx> immo vero scripsit:

> > > What do you mean by "You don't want to see it?"
> >
> > That you don't want to see that waiting and nothing being able to
> > continue development for more than 3 weeks is just bad.
>
> dpkg was halting woody release, libc0.3 is not for woody.
> This is Debian. Get it?

The Hurd port is not woody. The Hurd port is sid, not woody. Those
uploads are made for sid. Do you get it?

> > How many seconds does it take to add those damn packages to the
> > override file? Why can't just a Debian GNU/Hurd developer decide what
> > goes into Debian GNU/Hurd and what not?
>
> Try GNU/Hurd.
> This is Debian.
> Debian is going to be released.
> Release time is an "emergency", where people in Debian
> are required to be concentrated on releasing something useful.

You didn't answer the second question. If they don't have the time,
why can't somebody else do it?

If you are claiming that GNU/Hurd isn't Debian, then start a proposal
to remove the hurd-i386 port. If the majority of the Debian Developers
want to see the Hurd port go away, I don't think most Debian GNU/Hurd
people will continue if that is the result, because it's wasting time
anyhow (well, it already was for 3 years).

If you are just a coward and don't want to start such a proposal
because there is a possibility you lose, then the Hurd is in Debian
and GNU/Hurd is Debian. It's already has been part of Debian for 3 years,
in the case you didn't notice.

> Please get a clue.

I'm getting sick of the arrogance of all those assholes like you.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects
GNU supporter - http://www.gnu.org