Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sun, 19 May 2002, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:

> You don't want to see it, do you? I want to know why this simple thing
> has to take more than 3 weeks.

What do you mean by "You don't want to see it?"

Do you know what the current situation is with the Debian release?  We were
supposed to release on May 1.  It didn't happen, mainly due to having no
security infrastructure.

What this means, is that for each arch that is released with Debian, there
must be a way for the security team to compile packages for it.  We have this
for the arches in potato.  We do not have it for woody.

We can't just upgrade the systems that run potato to woody, because then we
wouldn't be able to do it for potato for the breif time it is still stable.

Plus, there are lots of more arches for woody.

In short, to answer your question, right now is bad timing.  Period, plain and
simple.  I really wish you would learn this very simple fact, it gets
monotonous when we(everyone else) has to keep repeating it.