Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 02:22:04PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:

> > > <plonk>
> >
> > Debian cabal philosophy: Ignore the problems, treat the people talking
> > about those problems as a fool.
>
> I am not a part of any non-existant cabal.

Non-existant? In Debian the power is in the hands of a small group of
people who say in the public that they dislike transparency.

> > > Do you not know what is currently happening in Debian?
> >
> > Well, the GNU/Linux part of Debian is in some kind of freeze. I have
> > no idea what actually is happening, because the cabals don't want
> > transparency. If they did, you could criticize them. Of course that
> > should not happen, then would not look like God anymore.
>
> There is no part of Debian is a freeze.  *Debian* is in a freeze.  hurd thinks
> it exists outside of Debian, and so doesn't have to follow the rules and
> regulations and policies that the rest of Debian follows.

Nice to know. But uhhh why are people still uploading packages into
sid? Could somebody write a mail to debian-devel-announce telling them
to stop? Or don't they have to stop? But why should we stop then?

> > > hurd does not exist alone in the universe, it exists alongside debian.
> >
> > Thanks for clarifying what I mean. It exists alongside Debian, not in
> > Debian. The Hurd is never considered part of Debian by the cabals.
>
> On the contrary, hurd followers of the cloth think hurd is separate.

The Hurd is *different*. It's the Hurd, not Linux. Is it difficult to
understand that "the Hurd != Linux" and the port "hurd-i386 != i386"?
I can't believe that you don't see the difference.

> > > But, I shouldn't say more, as it may clue you in on what I am talking about
> > > here.  You should find out for yourself.
> >
> > Of course, if you would say more I could critize more and that would
> > taint your God image. Instead you just ignore every problem and treat
> > me as a fool so it looks I'm just talking nonsense. You doing
> > something? That would be impossible, God doesn't make mistakes!
>
> I've never said I am a God.  I've never said I am part of a cabal.  Those are
> labels you have attributed to me.

I can read, I know what you write and what not.

> This kind of thinking is generally done by those not willing to learn what is
> needed to function with the other groups or people.  People thinking this
> generally want to be spoon fed, and not do anything for themselves.  And this
> kind of thinking leads others to treat them as parasites.

I've been willing to do that for about 5 months. I gave up.

> > I already have found out for myself. I don't want to be part of Debian
> > anymore, I rather go to a place without dictators who think they are
> > God.
>
> Again, you label me as God, in attempt to separate yourself.  If you apply the
> God label to me, then that means that you think that you yourself would never
> be able to be my equal.
>
> Remove this label you have placed on me, and you might have a chance.  Until
> then, you think of me as out of your domain, and therefore, never even bother
> to become my equal.

Maybe if you start treating people as your equal instead of somebody
who is 10 times more stupid than you, I'll try do that what you say.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects
GNU supporter - http://www.gnu.org