Re: Porting man-db to Hurd

On Sat, May 04, 2002 at 05:47:09PM -0700, Grant Bowman wrote:
> While the man command works, the mandb command locks up my machine or
> perhaps just the screen through an error of some kind.
>
> I am unclear how best to proceed in getting it going.  Any ideas?
> I've copied Colin Watson on this who is the package maintainer.  I don't
> have enough info to actually file a bug yet.

Try running it with --debug and see if the output offers any hints.

There has certainly been some Hurd porting work done on man-db in the
past - I see some canonicalize_file_name() stuff lying around which is
clearly the effect of that. I've rewritten various things over the past
year, though, so it's possible that the port may have suffered bitrot if
I was being inattentive. Alternatively, I suppose it could be libdb2.