Re: fakeroot inquiry

--- Jeff Bailey <jbailey@nisa.net> wrote:
> On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 01:55:50PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:
>
> > > Well, IMHO a good solution is to hack ext2fs to allow that. Maybe
> > > with a special option and starting it dinamicaly with a "fakeroot"
> > > script. I need to think about this.
>
> > What is wrong with a sub-hurd?
>
> 1) Subhurds suck for connecting to a network

 Subhurds don't suck for connecting to a network, as long as you think of it as
a separate machine.  So throw 2 nics, 2 hd's, boot on n-hurd as on the console,
another on the serial port, voila two machine to everyone else except you know
they take up half the space and are much easier to move.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone refering this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU