Re: fakeroot inquiry

On Fri, May 03, 2002 at 01:55:50PM +0200, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

> > Well, IMHO a good solution is to hack ext2fs to allow that. Maybe
> > with a special option and starting it dinamicaly with a "fakeroot"
> > script. I need to think about this.

> What is wrong with a sub-hurd?

1) Subhurds suck for connecting to a network

2) buildds have no inherant knowledge of the Hurd

3) The tools that we use under GNU/Linux should all work as well as
using the special hacks we write for ourselves.

Jeff Bailey

 One of the great things about books is sometimes
 there are some fantastic pictures.
 -- George W. Bush