Re: fakeroot inquiry

Robert Millan <zeratul2@wanadoo.es> writes:

> I was thinking of a hurdish alternative to fakeroot. What we need is
> just a way of chown files to any user without having root proviledges.

I don't think being able to chown files to any user is a good idea.
Think about filling up someone's disk quota.

Also, as far as I know, fakeroot doesn't do this, it just stubs the
function calls so that they return true and do nothing so that the
scripts work fine.

-Ryan

--
Ryan Golbeck <rmgolbeck@uwaterloo.ca>
GPG: 1024D/78916B84 -- 1B1B 2A87 3F00 A7FB 40F3  526D 36CF BA44 7891 6B84