Re: GNUmach kernel parameters?

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 01:47:57PM -0400, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I think the problem is that nobody knows the answer to the question.
> And they're too lazy to look!

I tried, but the tree was a bit too big to get to know
all that quickly in a couple of days.

> The probes of net devices are all done in linux/dev/drivers/net/Space.c,
> where the order of the drivers in the ethif_probe determines the order in
> which they are set up and assigned ethN names.

Thank you, now I know where to look/change/fix/hack!

The intended goal was for me to be able to use the same computer
as firewall (or at least packet forwarding) both while running
Linux and the Hurd. This because otherwise my girlfriend won't
have any Internet access when I'm fiddling with the Hurd -- and
she won't hear of me getting yet another computer ... so I have
to fix this! :-)

Sincerely
 /Joachim

--