Re: usage of reserved C++-keyword in cthreads.h

Ulrich Eckhardt <doomster@knuut.de> writes:

> I was just trying to create a small test-program with libtrivfs and stumbled
> across the use of the reserved C++-keyword 'catch' in struct cthread.

Last time this issue was discussed, the message from the Hurd
developers was that Hurd system header files are for C programs, and
that they're unwilling to solve C++-programmer's problems. Or
something like that.

The #define hack you mention is a fairly standard trick for working
around various problems with incompatible header files.

Do you have a concrete suggestion for how to solve the problem, to the
satisfaction of both C and C++ programmers?

(And before putting too much energy into fixing or debating cthreads,
 please note that we all hope that cthreads will be obsolete soon).

Regards,
/Niels