Re: AutoUnmounter (Was: Those CDs again)

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> When you have finished using the CD drive, and did umount or settrans /cdrom
> to remove the translator on the node, you will still have the storeio
> translator on the device file running. Check with ps aux for the process
> storeio /dev/XXX where XXX is the CD drive.
>
> Kill that process, and the CD is freed.
Another way: storeio should shutdown after some time of idle. I've
attached a patch for libtrivfs and storeio that do it.
  settrans /dev/XXX /hurd/storeio XXX --shutdown-timeout=0
automatically frees CD after last process finishes it's using. You can
replace 0 to -1 to disable this behaviour, or to some positive number
for delay.

It seems to me, global_timeout parameter in
libports/manage-ports-multithread is used in translators for similar
goal. Am I right?

With best regards,
Alexey Dejneka