Re: Those CDs again

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Vadim Chekan wrote:

> > up.  CD1 shaping up well.  What is the next problem!?
>
> On D1 cd I found strange things: some packages after install Hurd was older
> then packages available from package dir from the same CD. for example
> libc0.2, dpkg.
> Is Hurd on new CD updated by latest packages?

Yes, the latest packages are included.  The problem of duplicate packages
will occure with a developing os if the latest packages are included from
various sources.  Now that the HURD is up to two CDs I am trying to make
the first CD consistant enough to enable a relatively trouble free
installation and confine the mess to the second disc.

An important part of producing installation CDs for the HURD is to
discover this kind of problem.  Reports are welcome.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Dunedin, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818