tar file, boot floppies

Hi,

I am very sorry for the delay in getting a new tar file out of the door.
Maybe someone else wants to tackle this? The various patches needed to get
cross-install up to date are in the mailing list archive. It is likely that
there are some smaller issues in native-install, too. I am happy to be of
assistence via e-mail. I just won't be able to pursue this until probably
the end of next week.

After the needed tar file update (or along with), a small group should form
and work with the boot floppies team. The only issue that remains to be
resolved is a disk partitioner, but there has been considerably progress on
this by Neal Walfield, and he will work on a port of GNU parted now.
Glenn McGrath reported success in compiling parts of the stuff needed for
boot floppies (udpkg et all). I don't know how boot floppies look today, so
you will have to do it all: Find out what needs to be changed and how. It is
modular, so it should not be too hard to work it out and not affect the
linux people a lot. Also, people can proceed one module at a time and split
up the work. I hope a lot can be shared with Linux. It would be great if someone
could make a small report on this and post it here, so we all are up to date
on this and can estimate how big an effort it is.

If we can get Debian boot floppies by summer, that would be great.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de