Re: system crash when much disk io

* Joost van Baal (joostvb-debian-hurd-20011124-22984@mdcc.cx) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Running dselect or apt-get very often gets my hurd box on it's knees.
> When it's 'Reading Package Lists...' , the system hangs, after giving:
>
> ext2fs.static: ../../ext2fs/pager.c:396: file_pager_write_page: Assertion `block' failed.

I've had the same error roughly. When I do a 'apt-cache search' my box gets
frozen, but with no error message. I suposse that it can be the same
problem, as it uses a lot of disk io.

--
David Barroso aka tomac    -- Computers are not intelligent.  They
tomac@somoslopeor.com      -- only think they are.