RE: HOWTO

> The real problem is that i'm sure a lot of people has already fixed
> it before,
> in another package or another app.
> The only thing about porting errors i have seen is the MAXPATHLEN,
> if there is
> HOWTO with the basic knowledge about porting and common errors (or
> repository
> of what is being changed and why, porting a package) i'm sure the
> porting will
> be faster.

The easy things to port are programs that use sys_errlist or
termio since you really don't need to know what the program is
trying to do.  Finding what the author is trying to do is normally
the trouble I have with PATH_MAX errors.

Patches @: http://www.student.math.uwaterloo.ca/~ja2morri
or
http://129.97.233.195  <-- This is my hurd box that will move around
and not always be up, but is more up to date.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware