RE: HOWTO

>===== Original Message From Michele Dalla Silvestra <dalla@keycomm.it> =====
>On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 02:46:44PM +0100, first last wrote:
>>[...]
>> Q. How do I switch virtual terminals?
>> A. ///I do not know the answer to this///
>This is a FAQ, not an HOWTO :-)

Actually, what would be better right now (more or less only seasoned players
play with Hurd) would be a HOWTO port to Hurd.

An example, i'm trying to use irssi (because i use that irc client in Linux)
it's not ported so i compiled it, perfectly, no errors, no warnings it even
executes but it cann't connect to anywhere. Simply it doesn't work, a sockets
problem i suppose (Bitchx works fine but it's not the same :) ).

The real problem is that i'm sure a lot of people has already fixed it before,
in another package or another app.
The only thing about porting errors i have seen is the MAXPATHLEN, if there is
HOWTO with the basic knowledge about porting and common errors (or a
repository
of what is being changed and why, porting a package) i'm sure the porting will
be faster.